Make your Ireland visa process effortless
Learn everything you need to know about Ireland
Student Visa and get end to end expert guidance from us.
Ireland Student Visa from India
As a non-EU resident, you will be required to have a student visa to study in Ireland. This beautiful European country has, of late, started to attract international students, especially Indians. However, one of the first documents you need to arrange to study in Ireland as an Indian student is a student visa. To obtain the same, you have to satisfy a few criteria as well. You can check the same with the INIS (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service).
Now, the next big question you may have is: Is it easy to get an Ireland student visa from India? Though it is a long process to obtain a visa, you will surely find it easy if you have the right guidance and satisfy all the requirements. You can read further as we have included all details you need to know on obtaining an Ireland student visa from India.
Types of Ireland Student Visa for Indian Students
There are a couple of student visa types you can choose from based on your course duration, among other things. As an Indian student pursuing your studies in Ireland, you have two student visa possibilities. They are explained below. You can find updated information on the student visa from the official website of INIS.
- C-type student visa: If the duration of your study program is three months or less than that, you can apply for this visa. It is very unlikely to get this visa extended. As such, it is essential that you apply for the visa type that covers your entire course duration.
- D-type student visa: If the duration of your study program exceeds three months, you can apply for this visa type.
How Much Does an Ireland Student Visa Cost from India?
The student visa cost for both C-type and D-type is the same. You are required to pay Euro 60 for a single entry that is valid for 90 days. You have to pay Euro 100 for a long stay with multiple entries on the D-visa. The visa charges are explained in the table below.
Ireland Student Visa Requirements for Indian Students
You are expected to satisfy a few requirements to fall eligible for obtaining an Ireland student visa. These requirements are listed below. It is also a good idea to refer to the official website to get updated information.
- All academic documents.
- Police criminal certificate.
- Student visa application form.
- Colour photocopies of all original documents and pages of your passport. However, this is applicable only to those documents that are not in the A4 size format. If they are in the A4 size format, you don’t need a coloured copy.
English Proficiency Tests for Ireland Student Visa for Indian Students
All non-native speakers of the English language are required to prove their proficiency in English when they apply for the Ireland student visa. You can attempt any of the popular tests like IELTS, TOEFL or PTE. We have tabulated the tests and the average scores below for your reference.
English Proficiency Test
Minimum Score Required
Which Documents are Required for Ireland Student Visa for Indian Students?
When you submit the application for an Ireland student visa, you will be asked to submit a few documents. We have provided a document checklist below for your convenience. It is better to refer to them and arrange the documents beforehand so that there is no need for a last-minute rush.
- A valid passport.
- Proof that you are not enrolled in a privately-funded course.
- Proof of tuition fee payment.
- English proficiency test scorecard.
- Proof of medical insurance.
- An agreement that you will return to your home country after the completion of your studies.
- Two coloured passport-size photographs.
- A duly filled visa application form.
- Reason for study gap, if any.
- Evidence that you have the ability to complete your chosen course.
- Proof of sufficient funds in the home country. You should show that you have immediate access to at least Euro 7000, which is the average cost of living for a single student in Ireland for one academic year. If your course duration is less than six months, you should have access to at least Euro 500 per month, or Euro 3000, whichever is lesser.
- Previous visa refusal, if applicable.
How to Apply for an Ireland Student Visa from India?
It is, of course, essential to apply for your Ireland student visa in the right way, without making any mistakes. For that, you should know the process of applying for the Ireland student visa first. When you are thorough with the application process, you can arrange for all the documents and then start applying. It is important to apply early so that there is enough time for the authorities to process your application. Additionally, it is important not to give any misleading information. In certain cases, you may not be able to appeal the visa decision and can even be blocked from getting an Ireland student visa for five years. As such, it is important that you apply without any mistakes. We have outlined the process you can follow below so that you gain a rough idea.
- Visit AVATS online portal to apply for a student visa.
- Complete the application form.
- Upload the necessary documents. You may additionally need to provide your biometric details at the visa application centre in your country.
- Pay the visa application fee for single, multiple or transit entry.
- Give an application explaining your need for the visa.
Don’t let all these confuse you! Contact THINK BIG GLOBAL and get expert guidance on how to apply for your student visa.
Processing Time for Ireland Student Visa
The processing time for an Ireland student visa is 4-8 weeks. It is essential that you apply early so that the authorities have enough time to process your application. Though the Ireland student visa success rate is pretty high, it is important to apply cautiously without making any mistakes.
How to Write an SOP for Ireland Student Visa?
Ireland Student Visa Rejection Rate for Indian Students
Ireland Student Visa Rejection Rate for Indian Students
Renewal of Ireland Student Visa for Indian Students
How Can THINK BIG GLOBALHelp in Your Visa Application?
You are required to have a bank balance of Euro 7000 as a single student studying in Ireland.
Yes, Ireland accepts PTE scores for student visas. You need a minimum score of 30 on the test.
It is mandatory for international students to have a good English proficiency test score to apply for an Ireland student visa. However, it is not mandatory to attempt the IELTS test; you can also attempt either TOEFL or PTE.
Yes, you can get a PR in Ireland after studying if you stay back in the country for five years after the completion of your studies.
The average processing time for an Ireland student visa is 4-8 weeks.
The rejection rate of an Ireland student visa is 1-4%, which means that there are very few chances of your application being rejected if you satisfy all the requirements.
Yes, there will be an interview that you should compulsorily attend for the Ireland student visa.
You can stay up to seven years in Ireland as a student.
Yes, you can travel outside Ireland while on a student visa.